Monday, April 18, 2016

Magic House, Supercross and Lone Elk Park

The weather is warming up here in St. Louis and we have been trying to take advantage of it as much as we can. (all these are cell phone pictures since I don't always lug my big 'ol 70D everywhere with me.)

During Black Friday the St. Louis Magic House had 50% family membership so we jumped on it. We haven't gotten much of a chance to use it yet so when Charlie had a day off with nothing planned we decided to hit it up.


It was a rainy day so they were pretty packed but we had lots of fun nonetheless.


Both girls enjoyed the art room, which I didn't even know existed! I may have had fun in there, too haha.




The Charlie chased Lexi around (she was so excited all she wanted to do was run, run, run!) so Kay and I played around in the mini-town they have. One of the buildings is a Vet office and Dr. Kayleigh had fun giving the animals a check-up.


It was a very fun and very tiring day!

Then this past Saturday was Super Cross! We have been going to Super Cross since I was pregnant with Kayleigh and, with the exception of one year I got sick, we have gone every year. 


The girls liked their headphones for a whole 10 minutes before they decided they were done. Thankfully the fireworks part was over so I wasn't too worried about the loud noises.



 (Lexi giving Charlie a 'hug' while on his shoulders)


Kayleigh, being the almost 3 year old she is, refused to nap but wouldn't sit still so we spent a lot of time just riding the escalators up to the top floor and back down again.


Lexi didn't have any trouble falling asleep and almost slept through the entire race! She can fall asleep almost anywhere (one time in a shopping cart at the store!)

Then yesterday, Charlie was working on unclogging the Excursion's radiator. After he flushed the system, he needed to drive it around for at least an hour so, since I've never been to Lone Elk Park we decided to hit it up! 

It's a really neat park where you drive through and see deer, elk and bison (although you can get out anywhere except the bison area)



Since we were driving so slow (maaaybe 10mph) we let the girls out of their car seats to see the animals. We saw a lot of elk, one that came almost right up to the car. (The elk are known to stick their heads inside your cars!) The girls thought they were so neat. Charlie and I saw two bison, but they were so far away the girls couldn't. Hopefully next time we go through we can see them.

That is all we've been up to lately! I have been forgetting I started blogging so I need to remember to update more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment